Saturday, February 5, 2011

Whew!

A lot to catch you up on. Descriptions, photos, and video.

Alas, you'll have to continue to wait because my connection in Ihumwa is so poor. I'm in town now but haven't the time to upload things.

It's enough for you non-Face Book readers to know that during the first week of class I was diagnosed with malaria and spent much of the time from Tuesday-Friday in bed. I'm still easily exhausted now, but I don't have much other choice than to charge on.

The students are mostly wonderful, and as has been the case with my other times as a principal the most enjoyable part of the job is being with them -- even when they aren't so wonderful.

Oh, and if you thought the size of the cobra I posted over a year ago was spectacular, you should see the one that our workers killed just outside our dining hall -- the students now understand why I insist on their staying on paths.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment