Love.
I arrived to Detroit last evening and have already had a bit of personal drama -- I managed to take off the rear-view mirror on the passenger side of a rental car. Coming into the parking lot of the the Jesuit residence at U of D Jesuit High School and Academy, I didn't see a protrusion from a pole at the gate. This was in part due to the exhaustion caused by such a long trip, I think.
My departure from the SPCHS was very moving -- you would have thought that I was going away forever and not for just a month! Sister Beatrice surprised me by serving for breakfast one of my favourite dishes (a favourite among the Wachaga -- a soup made with goat meat and banana); then the students at their morning assembly had a representative give a speech, and then they presented me with a thoughtful chess set and very kind card. I asked them to give me another "safari njema" gift: to sing one of their favourite songs, based on the "love is kind" passage in 1 Corinthians 13. Here is their version sung in honour of the Our Lady Queen of Peace Foundation; it was filmed on the third day of their orientation.
No comments:
Post a Comment