Now that's an allusion not everyone will get!
The answer is sporadic! My days are long and full, and I don't have time enough to write much here presently. Yesterday I treated myself and tried to sleep in until 5:50 a.m. I got to our multi-purpose hall at 6:30 when the day at school began. At 7:30, when the students begin to move to the classroom assembly area, it began to pour rain -- buckets. We waited until 7:50, when I told the students to make a dash for it.
They ran to the classrooms, and I ran to my office, which I left at 6:00 o'clock last night in order to return to the MPH, where I helped to prefect the dinner. I moved on to "preps" (study hall), until 7:30, when I headed home to dinner with Martin and Kizito. This was a pretty typical day -- what wasn't typical is that last night I didn't return to my office and went to bed instead!
All of us Jesuits are leading such lives right now. Sossy has to worry about things here and the parish. My companion Kizito is teaching a class for a teacher who has fallen ill plus taking care of things as my assistant (AND, poor Kizito, will have even more to deal with when I leave for the States in six days!), and Martin is teaching two mathematics classes plus helping with practical matters in the Jesuit community and dealing with issues as the "clerk of works" for the building.
It is an endurance test, which I hope we all manage to pass!
No comments:
Post a Comment