Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Date-Challenged

Some weeks ago I received notification that my flight from Cleveland to New York was cancelled. My initial response to myself was, "How could that computer make such a silly mistake; I am meant to fly precisely one month from today." And then I got a sinking feeling. Yep, I had made all my domestic airline reservations for February instead of for March. Fortunately that one cancelled leg of many meant that I could cancel the entire ticket without penalty and rebook. Whew! That was close.

Last night I decided I probably should check exactly what time after midnight on Friday morning I am scheduled to leave Dar es Salaam. It was then that I discovered I leave at 12:45 a.m. on THURSDAY morning. I am so happy I checked. It has meant a busy day here today (I'm writing this at my desk during a brief lunch break).

Tomorrow morning I head to Dar es Salaam. I arrive in Detroit on this Thursday. I'll rent a car there and then head to Toledo on Sunday, where I'll be until Wednesday morning when I head to Cleveland. I leave from Cleveland for New York City on Friday afternoon, staying until Monday morning when I fly to Chicago, where I stay until flying to Los Angeles on the following Sunday. From there I fly to Calgary to celebrate St. Patrick's feast, leaving in time to arrive in London to celebrate St. Joseph's feast, returning to Dar es Salaam on Friday, 25 March.

It's a busy schedule, but I'm very much looking forward to sharing the good news about St. Peter Claver High School!

No comments:

Post a Comment