I was scheduled for the "outstation" Mass today. This is the Mass that takes place in the small church in a village nearby village; we have responsibility for the pastor and sacramental care of the Christians there. I was scheduled, but I had to back out and ask Sossy to take it. Why? Because I found out that our nine pallets of books and computers were set to arrive sometime in the morning.
Andrea came over and we headed to PEN Trust's warehouse, which as it happens is not so far from the Church where I was to have celebrated Mass. The tractor-trailer had gotten stuck in the mud, so the 7 men hired to unload it had to walk some distance. After unloading some pallets destined for other schools, the truck managed to break free of the mud (with lots of help from the men who unloaded it) and headed to our school.
The video below captures the unloading at Miyuji, the truck's liberation from the mud, its arrival at our classroom building, and the unloading of the boxes.
Thank you to all who played a part in this, whether by financial assistance or otherwise. Awabarki Mungu Mwenyezi!
No comments:
Post a Comment