Friday, November 12, 2010

Pushing the Sartorial Limit

I am heading to Paris and London next week. I'll be in Paris for a conference at UNESCO. I'm using the conference as an opportunity to get a way for a bit,
visiting friends in London (our great friends at St. Ignatius, Enfield, in fact),
and my good friend in
Paris, Alexandre.
I don't have good winter clothes. I have one overcoat, a cardigan,
and a hoodie -- but that's about it. I have decided to push it a bit and bring
a little of TZ to Europe. I'm going to wear my Maasai blanket! I'll report on what people make of it. I have been always a bit wary of Jesuits who've returned from Africa wearing African dress (many Africans don't wear traditional African dress -- though, of course, many do), and now I'm taking the plunge. The blanket I have is more orange than the one on the right -- and it has subtle blue lines that establish the checkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment