Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Slow News Week

I've been busy working on a class schedule so that I can figure out hiring needs -- specifically the subject combinations to economize re: the number of teachers to hire for 140 students. I've also been working on the Student Handbook and three-year goals for the school.

The three-year goals are required by the government. I have directions on how to do it -- complete with examples -- before me. One gets the sense of just why government schools struggle: All the goals concern physical infrastructure and not actual learning.

I'll also start working on some forms, etc., so that they are in place (grade reports and the like).

I'm working with Books for Africa, hoping to find space in a container that's being organized to head this way. I'll post details re: how the readers of this blog might help in that regard when I have them.

Among the highlights of recent days has been reconnecting with folks from my past, specifically from my time at the Diocese of Cleveland Tribunal (where I did field ed. as a seminarian in the summer of 1991) and from my time as a scholastic teaching at St. Ignatius High School in Cleveland. Very nice to know that time and distance don't sever ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment