Here's the abstract: This article examines the role modes of participation play in pre-service teachers’ learning – what it means to teach and to learn, and what it means to be a teacher and a student. In particular, it examines how a teacher educator’s taking up some social positions and refusing to take up others serves to cultivate active engagement and inquiry about teaching, learning, and schooling among the pre-service teachers by providing them with opportunities to reinterpret the figured world of school.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Framing Teacher Education
That's the title of an article I wrote during my last year at Loyola Marymount [Connell, Martin T. (2010) 'Framing teacher education: participation frameworks as resources for teacher learning'. Pedagogies: An International Journal, 5: 2, 87 - 106]. I received a pdf of the article from the publisher today. I hope at some point to find the time to write more. I don't know exactly when, but I hope to figure that out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment