Sunday, September 13, 2009

Finally

For two weeks I've tried to upload on youtube the last part of Bishop Joseph Mathias Isuja's comments about OLQP. He is the emeritus bishop of Dodoma, and his words -- the words of Simeon ("Now Lord, let your servant go in peace, for my eyes...") -- are moving. The Our Lady Queen of Peace Educational Centre is the fulfillment of his episcopal dreams for the children of Tanzania. His thanks at the end is heartfelt. The first part will have to wait -- last night's upload of a 56-second video took two hours! For the other two, you can either click here for Part II and here for Part III. (I remain a fan of Flip, incidentally.)

I spent part of yesterday morning with Bart Murphy, who showed me a bit more of Morogoro, including the agricultural university located at the base of the mountain. Among the interesting things happening there is the training of rats for land mine detetection. Mind you, these are not Norway rats but rather super-sized Tanzanian rats that could be confused for a small dog.

I went to the Salvatorian Institute for Mass this morning and will spend the rest of the day reading the NYT on line and studying.

And that's all the news that's fit to print!

No comments:

Post a Comment