Friday, August 21, 2009

TTFN

I'm writing this entry from the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Newark Airport. Tammy, the Continental agent at Detroit Metro, tried her hardest to get me to EWR for my Virgin Atlantic flight to London; and if there had been a gate open when we arrived in Newark, I would have made it. Alas, I arrived at the gate seconds after the door to the aircraft was closed.

Fr. Karl Kiser kindly brought me to the airport -- and surprised me when he parked and accompanied me to the ticket counter instead of dropping me off curbside. And Tammy (the amazing Continental agent mentioned above) gave him a pass to get through security, which meant that I could be his guest in the executive club -- a treat.

I received good news from Sossy, too: Not only are all my boxes sent via DHL now in Dodoma but also the boxes of books sent media mail are beginning to arrive. Amazing how quickly those books are arriving.

A number of people have emailed asking how specifically they might help OLQP venture. I appreciate that and will list our needs when I have a better sense of them. The foundation of a generous family is taking care of the building, but we'll need a lot of help with the operating expenses of a boarding school. You can donate on-line here. Specify that your gift is for OLQP.

2 comments:

  1. When is the flight to Tanzania? We (Laramies and I) said mass for you yesterday.

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a night flight on Thursday:
    Leave LHR 7:15 PM BST (evening)
    Arrive NBO Friday, 28 August 6:05 AM EAT (2 hours ahead of London)

    Leave NBO 8:05 AM EAT
    Arrive DAR: 9:20 AM EAT

    Appreciate the remembrance at the altar.

    ReplyDelete