Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday

I spent this morning continuing to settle. At ten o'clock Sossy and I met the bishop emeritus of Dodoma, Mathias Isuja Josheph, at the OLQP site. It was a moving experience. As he started to speak in such moving terms, I asked him if I could videotape him, which I will be posting on youtube with a link here soon. It was particularly moving when this elderly man spoke of this project in terms of St. Simeon: "Lord, now let your servant go in peace..." A dream of his, a vision, is now being realized. As he said, "It's a miracle you can touch."

I spent the afternoon in search of some extra passport photos I brought with me, which I need in order to open a bank account. I had seen them yesterday. I searched high and low, tearing through my belongings when it occurred to me to look under the bed, where I found them. I'll head to the bank tomorrow.

What else am I going to do tomorrow? Buy a SIM card! And guess what? Thanks to some certain folks' help it will work with a certain sort of phone that I've come to rely on (not that I'm attached to any such thing, mind you!).

No comments:

Post a Comment