I had an appointment with an M.D. on Wednesday and received most of the vaccinations I need in preparation for my May trip to Tanzania: typhoid, yellow fever, tetanus booster, Hepatitis A & B. When I return in a month for the next round of Hep. A & B, I'll get the polio booster, too.
I was fine until Thursday mid-day, and then I developed a fever and had achy joints, which meant that I missed Holy Thursday doings. I went to bed at seven Thursday evening and slept most of the day on Friday; only this morning did I feel close to one hundred percent. I don't think I'll make it to the Easter Vigil tonight, but I'll be ready to preside at the 12:30 p.m. Easter Mass at Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Montecito, CA.
The doctor also prescribed a mega Rx for doxycycline, an antibiotic that prevents the development of the malaria-causing parasites in the blood.
No comments:
Post a Comment