Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Video Update on Progress at OLQP

I headed out to the OLQP site today, expecting to be slip-sliding in mud because we had such a heavy rain last night. They didn’t get as much rain at the campus (which is about 10 miles away from the Jesuit parish, where I live). A lovely day. Here are some videos that capture the progress. Petit à petit l’oiseau fait son nid – that’s’ French, not Kiswahili: Little by little the bird makes its nest.

While on the campus I was particularly struck by how “chirpy” the birds were. As Bart Murphy told me in Morogoro after a few rains brought out the green and the buds, “It doesn’t take much for nature to be thankful.” Incidentally, I saw some spectacular birds – all we manage to see here at the parish (named for its ward kiwanja cha ndege -- ndege being the word for both bird and plane), really, are sparrows.




No comments:

Post a Comment