Sunday, July 23, 2017

Why Is This Young Lady So Happy?


Because a good friend of mine helped her with her school fees and she was able to continue her education! Brigiter has a lot going for her. She wants to be an architect and is working hard to achieve her goals.

Let me share with you a letter she wrote me. I share this thank you letter because I know so well that it is not I who am responsible for her ability to continue her studies but so many friends and family members who continue to support students needing financial assistance.

Dear Fr. Martin,
There is nothing so precious as a faithful friend, and nothing can measure his excellence. To me you have been more than a teacher, a parent, a guardian -- and so you have been a friend to me. Nothing -- no scale -- can measure that love you have, coming every year since you left the school. Even when you do not come you write letters to show that you still love us.
I really lack the words to express my gratitude to you, especially the way you support me and my family in my academic life. Studies have been a little bit hard, but I am still struggling!
I promise to be a good student and a leader that people will look up to.
May Almighty God less you as you leave Tanzania. I wish you safe travel. I’ll always pray for you and [my friend]. There is nothing I can give to show my gratitude other than good results
Yours faithfully,
Brigiter 

No comments:

Post a Comment