Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wow!

It's been forever since I've posted anything here at CHoP. My apologies.

I am presently at Boston College, where I am a participant in a fascinating colloquium: The International Colloquium on Jesuit Secondary Education. It has given me a chance -- among other things -- to visit with my friends from the Eastern Africa Province, including Shete Wangira, Sosthenese Luyembe, Ahmed Andrew Omondi, and the provincial, Fr. Orobator.

On Thursday, I'll deliver a keynote address to the assembly (almost 400 people), which I have spent quite a bit of energy preparing for -- I am excited and a bit apprehensive about this. If there ends up being video of it, I'll share it with you here.

I spent a month in the Colorado Rockies. For those unfamiliar with the Rocky Mountains, they are a grand chain of mountains that stretch from north to south, continuing north into Canada and south into Mexico. My kind sister Colleen and her husband Tim let me use their vacation home in the mountains. I managed to exercise a lot, eat well, rest, read and write, and also catch up on some movies that I'd missed. It was just what I needed!

And thanks to some other good friends, I'll spend some days after this conference resting, too -- for a couple of days I'll be accompanied by some African brothers, which I am looking forward to.

I'm feeling a bit homesick for Tanzania these days -- but that is a good thing to feel, really.

Happy feast of St. Ignatius!  And I might add, that prayers for another more recent holy man's canonization are not out of order -- Solanus Casey, OFM, Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment