Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More Farewell Pictures

Kikwete, the day guard at the Jesuit Residence.

Sister Maria, scic, (director of boarding) and
Madam Lidya (assistan headmaster).

Professor Kalifunja Osaki, a friend.

The food was great -- you see why I'm fat!

Dotto is the night guard at my office.

A word about Kikwete and Dotto. There is an obvious age difference, but they are close friends. Kikwete was riffed by our contractor, but the supervisor said that for a small price he'd pass over him and rif someone else. Kikwete responded, "I'd rather go home proud than pay a bribe." We knew at that point that we wanted to hire him because of his integrity. Dotto works all night and goes to school at the city high school during the day -- I've been privileged to help him with his English. Will miss these two people immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment