Folks are asking how the entrance examinations went on Saturday. We passed with flying colors.
I was very pleased, and the parents were as well. Things were orderly, and many parents mentioned to me that such order was a welcome change given their experience at other schools. However, some of the good order can be attributed to few students. We had about twenty students who did not show up for the examination. I had prepared two different times because we could only accommodate so many at the primary school. In fact, all of our candidates would have had places in the morning. Oh well.
The testing on Saturday was followed by correcting on Sunday. There were six hired correctors from a local teaching institute. They were very efficient, and the correcting was completed by 4:00 p.m. I spent Monday doing data entry and figuring out criteria for admission and working on our "joining instructions," a document that lays out the requirements for registration, etc.
Parents are clamoring for results. Because I had announced that they would be posted on 11 October, I feel duty-bound to keep that date. Not everyone made the cut, so some will be disappointed. It will be a test for my cold heart. I think I can manage.
I have also had the opportunity to hire another science teacher, Mwalimu Esther Said. She did a fine job teaching a lesson to Class Six at St. Ignatius Primary School. Still waiting to hear from some others to whom I have offered contracts.
And that is a quick update.
No comments:
Post a Comment